One of the more popular questions I get asked is: “What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done on Discover Wisconsin?” There’ve been so many wild moments, but here are 16 that come to mind:
- Completely bombed a waterski jump on Lake Arrowhead…three times in a row
- …but redeemed myself by waterskiing behind a seaplane!
- Kept the bulls at bay as a rodeo clown in River Falls
- Competed in a smooshboarding competition in Hudson
- Judged a “Show Me Your Fur” Contest during Fun on the Frozen Flambeau in Rusk County
- Kayaked these CRAZY rapids in Black River Falls…
- Floated above Lake Geneva in a hot air balloon
- Motorcycled my way around southeastern Wisconsin
- Toured Lambeau Field with former Packers kicker Chris Jacke
Dressed up as an 1800s dame at the Baker House in Lake Geneva
- Competed in a barrel racing competition in Buffalo County
- Buzzed around Lodi’s Smokey Hollow Campground in a giant shopping cart
- Made my way around the backwaters of La Crosse by airboat
- Flew over Oconto County in a helicopter
- Played snowshoe baseball at Blizzard Blast in Conover
- Performed with the Rock Aqua Jays Water Ski Show Team in Janesville
Ah, the memories! Hats off to the #DWcrew for putting up with my shenanigans 😀 If you have a favorite moment or episode, comment below. Let me know if you have a destination you’d like to see featured on the show, too!
Cheers to another year full of adventure, mishaps and fearlessness!
Mariah Haberman hosts the nation’s longest-running tourism TV show, Discover Wisconsin. Watch the show Saturdays at 10 a.m. on FSN Wisconsin’s outdoor block or online at DiscoverWisconsin.com. (Instagram//Snapchat/Twitter: @MariahHaberman)