It’s often said that the journey is the destination. We believe that to be very true. Lucky for us, there are infinite ways to explore Wisconsin. Read on for five of our preferred modes of travel:
1. Paradise Ranch, located just 30 minutes north of Milwaukee in Cedarburg, offers various carriage and sleigh ride packages. Their horse drawn dinner package includes a hayride followed by a gourmet dinner, and you can conclude your night with s’mores around the fire. paradiseranchwi.com
2. Edge of Park Rentals in Fish Creek rents mopeds, bikes, and recumbent trikes, providing visitors with a unique way to get around Door County. The rental office is located right next to Peninsula State Park, and their nearby bike trail includes breathtaking views of Green Bay, Fish Creek, Horseshoe Island, and the lighthouse, as well as the natural wildlife of Peninsula State Park. All rentals also include maps, backpacks, helmets, and locks for free. edgeofpark.com
3. Lookin’ for some old-fashioned fun? The Spooner Train Ride offers a variety of gourmet themed dinners, as well as family-friendly pizza dinners aboard their historic dining cars. Book your trip between early spring and late December. spoonertrainride.com
4. Apostle Island Cruises, based in Bayfield, offers a variety of different boat tours of the beautiful Apostle Islands of Lake Superior. Glass bottom boat tours show visitors an up-close look at several shipwrecks that still lie on the bottom of Lake Superior. All the scenic tours offer great views of the sea caves and lighthouses on the islands. Apostle Island Cruises run from May to October. apostleisland.com
5. Segways are all the rage these days and we can see why: they’re fun, easy and environmentally-friendly! At Seaquist Segway, you’ll receive 10-30 minutes of training before riding a Segway PT off-road to explore Door County’s gorgeous historic countryside including open fields, rolling hills, fruit orchards, forested parks and headlands. seaquistsegway.com
How do you like to discover Wisconsin? Comment below!