Relax. Retreat. Repeat. Welcome to Green Lake Country! Located about 1.5 hours northeast of Madison and 45 minutes southwest of Appleton, this region of Wisconsin consists of five communities: Berlin, Green Lake, Markesan, Princeton and Ripon.
Green Lake Country is surprising in all of the best ways. From the the charming yet eclectic shops to be found on Water Street in Princeton to the stunning waterfront views in Green Lake, this area of Wisconsin is an ideal location for a weekend getaway. Here are 10 ways to get your itinerary started in gorgeous Green Lake Country:
- Explore White River Marsh Wildlife Area just north of Princeton
- Browse the Shops of Water Street in downtown Princeton
- Sail across Wisconsin’s deepest, natural inland lake, Green Lake.
- Set up camp on the bank of the Fox River at Riverside Park in Berlin
- Visit Grand River Valley Museum & Train Depot in Markesan
- Sample wine and practice yoga at Vines & Rushes Winery in Ripon with Marigold Yoga
- Take in a show at Thrasher Opera House in Green Lake
- Go bargain shoppin’ at the Famous Princeton Flea Market
- Try hooking a Muskie on Little Green Lake in Markesan
- Enjoy some pizza on the patio at Izzy’s Pub in downtown Berlin
Have you visited Green Lake Country? Comment below!