Columbia County… it’s Madison’s beautiful backyard country. With beautiful landscapes and friendly towns full of history, tradition, and hometown hospitality, it’s the perfect place to get unplugged, spend time with family, and experience an authentic piece of Wisconsin. Here are seven of our favorite things to do in Columbia County:
Visit one of Portage’s many parks to enjoy amenities that include a skate park, splash pad, fishing pond, and sandy beach!
2. Explore the many trails and wild life exhibits at the MacKenzie Center in Poynette – and mark your calendars for their Maple Syrup Festival in the spring!
3. Enjoy a fun fall day at Lapacek’s Orchard – We especially love their unique, FREE play areas for kids.
4. Visit Creek Bed Farmacy for strawberries in the spring, sunflowers in the summer, and countless activities (too many to list!) in the fall.
5. Sip wine on the beautiful grounds of Rock n Wool Winery – we recommend you go for the grape stomping in September!
6. Stop by The Dump in Cambria for a burger – known around the state for being the BEST!
7. Do a walking tour of Columbus’s historic districts, especially in the spring when the redbud trees are blooming.
https://bobber.discoverwisconsin.com/media/IMG_0643.jpg40323024Mariah Habermanhttps://bobber.discoverwisconsin.com/media/bobber.pngMariah Haberman2020-03-11 08:56:062020-06-15 11:22:447 Things to Do in Columbia County